Royal Media Services Limited is the leading broadcasting media house in Eastern Africa. It is home to award winning talent and products.
Royal Media Services Limited wishes to recruit a competent, capable and financially astute individual who has a successful track record of leading a team of debt executives to maximize the performance levels of the debt management section.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the person will be responsible for maintaining a complete debt collection portfolio and leading a team to resolve debt issues. He/she will act as the team lead in liaison between the sales team and customers in managing overdue accounts.
The candidate should have a diplomatic but assertive style that consistently yields results, and be someone who always displays a professional manner when showing people how to pay off their debts.
Key roles responsibilities
- Timely collection of company debts.
- Liaison with the commercial team, legal office and external debt collectors for recovery of debt
- Handling client queries and responding on time while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Convene and chair regular debt collection meetings;
- Supervise debt executives;
- Reviewing the arrears of clients.
- Negotiating settlements with clients.
- Maintaining appropriate and comprehensive records of all customer discussions.
- Reporting periodic progress against targets to the supervisor.
- Improvement and automation of debt management processes;
- Academic, professional Experience and person specification
- Degree in a financial field.
- CCP (Certified Credit Professional) Part II qualification and above or equivalent.
- Five years experience in a busy corporate environment in a similar role
- Knowledge of proper ethical debt collection techniques.
- Ability to quickly build a picture of customers’ personal circumstances and needs.
- Strong negotiating, counseling, and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites Word, Excel and Access.
- Ability to be discreet while working with confidential information.
- Able to work well as a team and on own initiative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Having a keen sense of urgency.
- Excellent listening ability and superb questioning techniques.
- Always accurate and on time in completing duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you know you meet the requirements , please send your application and resume to [email protected]. Use HRD-DM-05-2019 as your email subject.
Address to: THE HR DIRECTOR
ROYAL MEDIA SERVICES
PO BOX 7468-00300
Closing date will be May 27th, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.