INOORO TV NEWS EDITOR- JOB REFERENCE NUMBER: – HR-ITVE-07-2018
Royal Media Services Limited is seeking to recruit a highly qualified individual for the above position. The job holder will be responsible for generating news content in line with the set editorial guidelines. He/she will provide news stories, features and other news related content to strengthen the Company’s editorial department.
The editor’s role will include the following:-
- Generate news stories for all Royal media owned stations
- Devise and implement strategies to continuously grow news audience numbers
- Manage the daily running of the news desk
- Assign various duties to reporters and correspondents on the docket or beat
- Monitor news-based content.
- Structure the day’s news outlook and chair planning/strategy meetings.
- Guide county correspondents on what to cover and how to package their items.
- Edit news items from reporters and correspondents.
- Generate feature stories coverage plan and ensure bulletins have news features.
- Ensure the news content aired is of highest quality, factual, balanced, on time, and within the allocated period.
- Proofread script to ensure it is balanced, properly presented, free of errors and adheres to the company editorial policy and house style.
- Translate/transcribe script and audio as required
- Ensure adherence to highest level of integrity to all news items
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Impeccable command of English, Kiswahili and Kikuyu
- Strong writing and translation skill
- Competent editing skills using Cool edit, Adobe Audition software or equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Understanding of Media Laws & Ethics
- Self driven, assertive, punctual & organized
- Have a nose for news, be widely knowledgeable & pay attention to detail
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty and loyalty
Academic and professional Experience
- University Graduate in Communication or another related field from a recognized University. Masters degree in Communication or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in a reputable newsroom two of which must be in a senior position and preferably in an editing role.
If you qualify, please send your application and resume to: [email protected] and quote
HR-ITVE-07-2018 as the email subject matter. Closing date will be Friday 20th of July 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.