RADIO CORRESPONDENT – Muuga/Citizen (1)
Royal Media Services Limited wishes to recruit a suitably qualified individual to the position of a Radio correspondent for Tharaka Nithi County. He/she will be required to source, generate, package and present the news. He/she will report to the Head of Desk.
Key roles & responsibilities
- Generating ideas for news stories and news features;
- Following leads from news agencies, the police, the public, courts, press conferences and other sources;
- Generating story/feature ideas to editors and producers;
- Researching and compiling relevant information to support a story using credible information sources such as the internet, archives, databases, etc;
- Writing scripts for bulletins, headlines and special reports;
- Exercising judgment on the best story angle;
- Using portable digital audio recorders and other equipment to record material and appropriate editing software to produce complete packages for broadcast;
- Preparing material for both pre-recorded and live pieces;
- Filling stories from Tharaka Nithi county;
- Developing and maintaining useful contacts and relations with news sources;
- Understanding and complying with media law and industry codes of conduct.
Academic and professional/work Experience
- Degree in journalism, mass communications or any other related field.
- At least one year experience as a reporter or a correspondent.
- Must know how to use a professional camera.
- Excellent written and spoken English ,Swahili and Meru – Attach Voice Demo
- An edge for news, features, ability for quick thinking, persistence, personal initiative and a good memory.
- Sound knowledge of local, national and international social, political and economic news-shaping environment.
- Authoritative microphone voice.
- Ability to report accurately and impartially.
- An interest/ passion for social media.
- Ability to work long hours and on short notice.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to work long hours and on short notice.
- Willingness to travel locally and abroad including dangerous locations in the line of duty
If you are interested and qualified, please email you’re CV and Application Letter to email@example.com subject clearly marked Ref No. HRD/RMUC/03/2017 by Friday 31st March 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.